2021: The Year Defence Composites Celebrated 21 Years in Business
2021 has been such a busy year for Defence Composites and the year we celebrated 21 years in business.
We launched our Tornado Canine Body Armour at the beginning of the year which led to us supplying UK police forces.
As our business has grown, we appointed Jason Rigby as our Business Development Manager and he’s proved to be a great asset to our team.
2021 also saw Jason and our MD, Craig appear on Channel 5s ‘Shoplifters and Scammers’. Some of the filming took place from our factory where Craig and Jason talked about our stab vests and the protection they offer.
Our canine body armour was also featured on BBC News when West Mercia Police started using it for their dog unit.
Here’s a summary of what went on in 2021:
- January: DC start supplying products directly to the UK market.
- March: Tornado Canine Body Armour launch.
- April: Jason Rigby joins DC as Business Development Manager.
- May: How-to videos produced for stab vests.
- June: DC celebrates 21 years in business.
- July: Jason completes Ultra Challenge 50K charity race event.
- August: Staffordshire Police launch DC Canine body armour – 1st UK Police Force to roll out.
- September: DC supply Amvale Ambulance Services with stab vests.
- October: C5 TV appearance – Shoplifters & Scammers at War
- November: NAHS Healthcare Conference
- November: Merlin Glove launch
- December: West Mercia Police launch DC Canine body armour – BBC news article
As we move into 2022, we wish everyone a happy and healthy new year.